Covid 19 Level 3 lockdown now in place in Auckland and North West Waikato. Need support? Call us 0508 462 427

Schedular Payments

How do I use Schedular Payments through Manawanui?

If you are a contractor, your payer must have the Schedular Payments service set up and be using the Manawanui Customer Portal. You will need an agreement with them in writing. It's recommended the agreement include:

  • Your name and the name of your payer
  • Agreement all payments made to you will be treated as voluntary schedular payments
  • The period the agreement applies to
  • Date of the agreement
  • Signatures of you and your payer
Click here for a Schedular Payments Information Sheet

What do I need to give to my payer?

You'll need to give your payer a completed IR330C. This tells your payer what tax rate you’ve chosen.

Does this affect my Student loan, KiwiSaver and ACC levies?

No. Your payer isn't responsible for making these deductions from your schedular payments.
If your total income is over the annual repayment threshold, you'll need to make repayments towards your student loan.
If you want to make payments towards your KiwiSaver, you'll need to arrange this with your scheme provider.
You will still receive an invoice for your ACC levies directly from ACC.

What tax rate do I use?

The IRD website can help you choose the right tax rate. If you choose a rate too low for your circumstances, you may not pay enough towards your end of year tax obligation. This may result in you having to pay further tax in a lump sum and be liable for provisional tax.

Do I need to file an income tax return?

Generally, you must file an income tax return at the end of the tax year if you receive schedular payments.